JCC Writing Team
October 8, 2021
JCC Writing Team
Image Credit: © Subbotina DepositPhotos.com // Model
Things To Consider Before Going For Botox
Botox is a medicine that doctors have used to treat facial wrinkles and fine lines for many years. The term you hear most often is because it is the first Botox injected.
How is Botox used?
The most common reason doctors use Botox is to reduce facial wrinkles. But Botox injections can help treat other diseases.
How does the Botox procedure work?
The application of Botox only takes a few minutes. You don’t need anesthesia. Dermatologists use a small needle to inject Botox into specific muscles without discomfort. It usually takes 7 to 14 days for the effect to fully manifest. It is best not to drink alcohol for at least one week before the operation. It would help if you stopped taking aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs two weeks before treatment to avoid bruising. To avoid the spread of Botox, do not rub the injection site for 24 hours. Your doctor may also recommend that you stay upright for 4 hours after the injection and take a day off after exercising.
Some things to keep in mind before going for Botox for the first time
- Botox only lasts about three months, so prepare for maintenance treatment every three to six months. Over time, you will find that your wrinkles become apparent again. “As the age grows, the skin loses elasticity and collagen is broken down, so the continuous contraction of muscles and skin will lead to longer lasting wrinkles (folds). Botox, the body will produce new acetylcholine receptors, and nerves can again. Pass on their impulse”. You must constantly use neurotoxins to reduce muscle activity and prevent long-term wrinkles on the skin.
- You can understand how they are treating you and what other patients are experiencing”. Many of these low-cost, mass-produced practices are full of terrible comments from disappointed patients.
- Botox is a brand, perhaps the most famous, but Botox is just a neurotoxin on the market. Other neurotoxins include Dysport, which the FDA approved in 2009, and Jeuveau, approved by the FDA in 2019. “They all come from the same of bacteria, so they behave in basically the same way.” “There are some subtle differences between the three.” Neurotoxin is also called a “naked molecule” because it does not contain additional surface proteins like Botox and Dysport. This “pure” neurotoxin can penetrate deep into the skin. The effect is faster, and the risk of allergic reactions may be lower.
- “Theoretically, reducing the protein content also reduces the possibility of non-response, which means that the patient is less likely to be immune to the injected neuromodulator.” Dysport tends to spread a bit more than Botox, which benefits areas that require multiple injections. It is also faster, usually showing results after two to three days instead of seven to ten days after using Botox. After trying different neurotoxins, you can be sure that you prefer a brand.
- It will not remove all wrinkles. It is essential to have reasonable expectations of your Botox experience. “Botox will not remove all the wrinkles on the face. It will remove the wrinkles formed in facial expressions,” the doctor explained. Weibel. “If these wrinkles bother you, please consult your dermatologist for laser treatments that can help smooth the wrinkles. However, there are several ways to reduce wrinkles naturally.
- There is no magic age. Younger patients are increasingly using Botox as a preventive measure, even before wrinkles appear or deepen. Therefore, dermatologists cannot recommend the best age to start or try Botox because it depends on your goals, facial expressions, and preferences. “Every time we raise our eyebrows and bring the eyebrows together, the wrinkles in these areas will become deeper and more numerous. It will happen slowly over a long period of time, so you won’t pay attention to it every day,” the doctor said. However, if you observe the horizontal wrinkles on your forehead without raising your eyebrows, you will find that these wrinkles increase as your eyebrows rise. If you maintain this eyebrow-raising position for 10 seconds, you will find that your forehead looks deeper and sweeter when relaxed. Botox can prevent this.