Avocados…you’ve probably heard it time and again that they’re healthy, but did you know they can also fight wrinkles? It’s true!
How Avocados Fight Wrinkles
Avocados are chock full of vitamins and healthy fats that nourish the skin. This means that eating them can keep your skin looking smooth and youthful.
The two most important vitamins for anti-aging are vitamins A and E.
- Vitamin A helps regulate sebum production. This boosts the moisture in the skin.
- Vitamin E repairs damaged skin AND increases collagen production, which helps keep skin smooth.
Other Benefits of Avocados
You can’t go wrong with avocados when looking to boost your health.
- They are high in potassium (even more than a banana!), which helps reduces blood pressure.
- The monounsaturated fatty acids are great for heart health and reducing inflammation in the body.
- Fiber content is also high, and that feeds good gut bacteria helping you stay regular AND keep your body functioning optimally.
- They reduce high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- The fat content of the fruit makes it easier for the body to absorb nutrients and vitamins.
- Rich in antioxidants that can help reduce age-related eye conditions.
- Some evidence shows that they might help prevent cancer in certain cases.
- Relieves symptoms of arthritis.
After reading all of these benefits of avocados, you may be thinking they are too good to be true. Don’t worry; this is one of those times when it IS true. Avocados are so nutritious that there is NO reason not to include them in your diet and beauty regimen.
Applying Avocado Masks vs. Eating Them
You have two options when it comes to using avocados for wrinkle repair and prevention. You can apply it to your skin and/or eat one every day.
To make a mask out of an avocado, cut it into quarters, remove the pit and mash up about one of the quarters until it is a creamy paste. Apply the paste to your face and allow it to sit for 25 minutes. Wash the avocado away with lukewarm water.
Many people report the mask helps moisturize their face and decreases the visibility of wrinkles.
If you choose to eat your avocados, you have many options. You can eat it by itself with a little salt or lemon juice sprinkled on it, add it to a salad, or even grill it. Avocados are highly versatile, making them the perfect addition to any nutritious lifestyle.
Taking Wrinkle Fighting to the Next Level with BOTOX
We’re firm believers that a healthy diet and daily exercise supports beautiful, healthy skin. We also believe that some people need a bit of a boost when it comes to fighting wrinkles (especially the deeper ones that need a bit more intervention to reduce their appearance). Luckily, we have injectables like BOTOX® to take care of that.
If you want to look younger and fresher (or keep your youthful appearance), contact James Christian Cosmetics. Our experienced injector James Christian Sardelli, RPA-C delivers top-notch BOTOX treatment in Manhattan and Long Island.
Call or text our 24/7 Cosmetic Concierge line at 917-860-3113 for more information.
We proudly serve Nassau and Suffolk Counties, including Commack, Manhattan, Farmingdale, Westhampton Beach, Rockville Centre, Babylon Village, and Islip, New York.
*BOTOX® is a registered trademark of Allergan, Inc. Always consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet or exercise regimen. This article is intended for informational purposes only and is not to be used as a substitute for seeking the advice and treatment of a medical doctor.