What is Radiesse?
Radiesse, which is also recognized as “Radiance” is a dermal injectable that contains calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) with smooth micro particles. The formula that is used in Radiesse is a non-toxic, biocompatible, non-allergenic, organic gel that is designed to safely give you back a youthful, radiant appearance.
How Does It Work?
This formula, once injected into the facial tissue will help to rebuild your body’s own collagen in order to reclaim a healthy appearance, and to offer volume in order to restore the signs of aging. The treatment can take anywhere from 30 to 60 minutes. Before Radiesse is injected, a topical or local anesthetic may be applied to raise your level of comfort. A fine needle is used to inject Radiesse under the skin to help stimulate the new growth of collagen. Some patients may experience slight inflammation or tenderness at the site of injection, but the discomfort is temporary and subsides within 2-4 days. Most patients can resume their normal activities immediately after the treatment has been administered. Patients can expect their results to last as long as 12 months.
What Areas Can Be Treated With Radiesse?
Radiesse can be used to treat:
- Nasolabial folds (smile lines): Allow Radiesse to lift and tighten those areas around the nose and mouth. With the right amount of volume, you’ll be looking younger and more rejuvenated.
- Facial shaping/contouring: Enhance volume to improve various lines, wrinkles, and folds that appear. Results have been known to last up to 12 months or longer.
- Chin augmentation: Restore lost volume in the area of the jaw line. Let Radiesse sculpt a new shape and create that jaw line of your dreams.
- Marionette lines: More commonly referred to as “smoker’s lines”. Fill in the small lines above the lips and around the mouth.
- Cheek augmentation: Refine the lost contours of your cheeks, lift and fill those sunken areas.
- Scarring: This calcium hydroxylapatite filler can reduce the appearance of scars with results lasting up to 12 months.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty: A non-surgical solution to reshape your nose with results that last 12-18 months.
- Hands: To help increase the volume to the thin skin with accentuated veins on the back of the hands.
- Hollowed area below the eyes: Freshen up the areas underneath the eyes, allowing for a youthful, refreshed look.
What Are The Risks/Side Effects?
Patients may experience:
- Swelling/redness at the site of injection
- Skin discoloration
- Mild pain
Patients that are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use Radiesse. It is unknown as to how this treatment will affect the infant. Let your doctor know of any medications that you are on as some things like blood thinners will not allow Radiesse to work as it should. Please consult with a medical professional to discuss other risks and side effects.