Can Dermapen Be Used On All Skin Types?
Yes, as long as the area(s) to be treated are free from infection Dermapen can be used on every skin type. The needles can adjust from 0.5 mm to 2.5mm allowing Dermapen to treat the thin skinned areas around the eyes to the thicker skinned areas like the abdomen. Multiple treatments may be required in order to achieved the results you desire.
How Does It Work?
Dermapen offers a “Filler Free” alternative when it comes to visibly reducing the signs of aging, enlarged pores, scars and other imperfections. Dermapen itself is the size of a magic marker and the disposable tip holds 12 very fine needles. The device has various settings and the length of the needles can be adjusted from 0.5 mm to 2.5 mm depending on the thickness of the skin that is to be treated.
Before your Dermapen treatment begins, the area to be treated will have to be cleansed thoroughly and wiped with isopropyl alcohol. The length of the needles will be adjusted accordingly as well as the speed at which the needles are triggered, similar to how a tattoo needle works.
Dermapen glides evenly over the treated area while the tip creates micro-injuries. This “stamping” effect allows for even absorption to allow the topical products applied afterward to fully penetrate the skin. This encourages the natural production of collagen as your skin heals and rejuvenates.
What Issues Can Dermapen Treat?
Dermapen has been used to treat the following issues:
- Scars: Including acne scarring and scar that are the result of a surgical procedure. Dermapen will break down any fibrous scar tissue and stimulate new tissue growth, minimizing their appearance.
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles: By rejuvenating the epidermal layer of skin, Dermapen can visibly reduce the signs of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Burns & Wounds: Flesh related injuries that are the result of radiation, friction, heat, light, electricity or chemical can be treated by Dermapen to reduce the appearance of scars left behind.
- Stretch Marks: Dermapen can help reduce and fade the appearance of stretch marks, although up to 6 treatments may be required.
- Enlarged Pores: Dermapen lifts and tightens to fill in the pores giving you a healthier, smoother appearance.
How Long Will The Benefits Of Dermapen Last?
Results will vary from patient to patient based on the skin type, age, condition and the area to be treated. Some patients will notice visible improvements within a couple of days, while others may take a few weeks in order for their skin to fully heal. Many patients have continued to enjoy the improved effects well after their treatment, due to your body’s ability to restore its natural collagen and elastin production.
What Are The Risks/Side Effects?
Dermapen is a safe alternative to correcting your skin. Since Dermapen does not inject anything into or under the skin there is zero risk of an allergic reaction. Some patients may experience itchiness, tightness, stinging, red skin, the discomfort subsided in under 48 hours.