February 19, 2021
Image Credit: ©Deposit Photos
How to Have Full Lips Without the Fillers
For quite some time now full plump lips have been the most sought-after cosmetic enhancement procedure. What with the number of celebrities sporting those full luscious lips on their feeds for all the world to see. Getting a lip filler is usually the way to go in order to achieve that sexy pout and it is not losing popularity anytime soon. There are people that consider lip fillers to be too extreme, good thing for them fuller-looking lips can now be achieved without fillers. Botox lip flip is a subtle way to getting the coveted full lips effect sans lip fillers.
What is a Botox Lip Flip?
The Botox lip flip is a quick and easy aesthetic treatment that you can do on your lunch hour. It involves the precise placement of just a few units of botox, along the upper lip (orbicularis oris) muscle, from the corners of the mouth and near the Cupid’s bow, to relax and “flip” the lip to make more of the upper lip visible. This creates the illusion of fuller, poutier lips but a natural-appearing upper lip. Another great effect of this procedure is that it will allow your lips to stay voluminous when you smile – the upper lip won’t disappear. It can also help those persons who have gummy smiles resulting from overactive muscles on the upper lip.
How to Prepare for a Botox Lip Flip Procedure?
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal creams in the area to be treated.
- Don’t drink or smoke for at least 48 hours before the procedure since alcohol and cigarettes slow down the healing process.
- Stop taking allergy medications, aspirin, warfarin, sleeping aids, ibuprofen, vitamin E and omega 3 oils a week or two before the treatment as these muscle relaxants, blood thinners, and NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs) can cause excessive bleeding when used along with Botox. Inform your
- Cleanse your skin before the treatment, it is ideal that you go in barefaced.
- Eat a small meal or a snack before the procedure.
- Inform your medical professional of ALL medications, including supplements you are taking and your medical history.
- Calm your nerves, everything works better when you are relaxed.
How Many Units of Botox Does It Take to Flip a Lip?
The treatment requires a very minimal amount of Botox, around 10 units, a very small amount compared to fillers.
How Long Does a Botox Lip Flip Last?
As with any Botox treatments, it usually lasts from 3-6 months.
After Botox Lip Flip Care
Helpful tips and tricks after your treatment.
What Should You Not Do After Lip Flipping?
- Do not rub or massage the treated area and avoid make-up if possible.
- Avoid sleeping on your face the first night
- Avoid strenuous activities for the next 12 hrs
- Avoid excessive alcohol consumption for the next 24hrs
- Do not have any beauty treatments on your face e.g. facials, facial massage for 2 weeks
- Avoid exposure to strong sunlight, very cold temperatures and saunas for the next 2 weeks
What to Expect After the Treatment?
Most people move on with their day as they feel no pain or any other side effects or symptoms. For other clients, they experience minor pain from where the treatment was made.
For more information and a more detailed explanation on what to expect after getting the treatment, read it here.
Lip Fillers to Complement Your Lip Flip with BOTOX®
For a more dramatic lip enhancement and adding volume to the lips, combining lip fillers with your Botox lip flip procedure accentuates the flipped out lips giving way to lusciously plumper and fuller lips.
Schedule a Botox Lip Flip appointment at James Christian Cosmetics
Choose injectables experts who have a complete understanding of the physiology of the face, to make sure injection points are well-positioned to avoid negative effects on any of the important facial structures. Our expert injectors have years of actual experience as well as proven results from previous clients. Schedule an appointment with our trusted professional injectors by texting or calling our 24 Hour Cosmetic Concierge at 917-860-3113 for our New York offices and 305-849-0307 for our newly opened Miami office.