BOTOX New York City
Life in New York City moves pretty fast. And as such you often don't realize just how fast time can be passing by. Then one day you look in the mirror and start seeing lines and wrinkles where there were none before.
It can be alarming but worry not as there is a treatment that can help give you a more youthful appearance, it's called Botox® and it's got a lot of advantages:
- It's fast (you can get it done on your lunch break).
- It's affordable.
- There's no down time.
- The results are nearly instant and can last up to several months!
Of course, Botox® is only one of the many options we can provide you with depending on what your aesthetic goals are. We can design a complete treatment plan that addresses each of your facial concerns. We are known for sitting with patients for as long as needed to answer questions and customize a treatment plan that is most effective while working within your budget.
What Is BOTOX® and How Does It Work?
BOTOX® is a neurotoxic protein which is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Clostridium botulinum is an organism found in the natural environment where it is largely inactive and non-toxic. Clostridium botulinum, the organism from which Botox is derived, is found in inactive form in the natural environment, including in the forest and cultivated soils, and in the sediment of lakes, streams, coastal and untreated waters.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a neuro-toxin treatment that must be directly injected with a needle into:
- muscles to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- the area around the side of the eyes to improve the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines
Watch the video below for details on how BOTOX® works.
What Areas Does BOTOX® Treat?
BOTOX® Cosmetic can be used to treat:
- the areas around the eyes to lessen the appearance of "crow's feet"
- the area around the mouth (perioral muscles) to lessen "smile lines"
- the forehead muscles to stop horizontal creases from appearing when the eyebrows are raised
- the area between the eyes to eliminate the "elevens" (vertical lines when eyebrows are furrowed)
BOTOX® has also been approved for treatment of:
- Focal Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Blepharospasm (uncontrolled eye spasms and twitching)
- Strabismus (improper alignment of the eyes “crossed eyes”)
- Chronic migraines
- Various muscular conditions
- Bladder weakness
- Bowel disorders
Meet James Christian, RPA-C
James Christian Sardelli, a Registered Physician Assistant - Certified (RPA-C), is not only our on-site facial filler & injectable expert, he is also the owner and operator of James Christian Cosmetics, our high-end BOTOX® and Facial Filler clinics located across New York City and Long Island.
His 10+ years experience, skill, and artistry performing dozens of BOTOX® and dermal filler procedures each week bring an unmatched level of expertise to the injectable services performed at all of our locations.
James Christian can help you decide which combination of non-surgical treatments is right for you as he is skilled at performing such skin treatments as Vampire Facelift®, MesoGlow, dermal fillers, lip plumping, wrinkle treatments, Dermapen® microneedling, and liquid facelift. - View Full Bio
What Happens After The Treatment?
Typically immediately following the injections, the treated areas may become tender and slightly red. These are normal reactions that the body has to both the BOTOX® solution as well as from the needle. These reactions usually subside within a few hours to a day after the treatment.
More serious side effects can happen but are extremely rare. These reactions can include severe allergic reactions, skin rashes, dizziness or trouble breathing. We will provide you with all the information regarding this prior to your treatment.
The results are typically at their best shortly following treatment (a few days or so). Over time the results become less noticeable as your body gradually removes the neuro-toxin from the muscle tissues over time returning complete movement to the treated muscles.
BOTOX® is designed to be re-injected about every 3 to 4 months. Once you begin treatment our office automatically reminds you when it is time or your next treatment.
What Does BOTOX® Cost?
BOTOX® is sold per unit and the prices vary depending on factors such as where you are buying it, the amount you are buying, the areas being treated and whether or not there are promos or specials going on.
Typically most places charge about $15/unit as standard pricing. However, At James Christian Cosmetics we are proud to offer some of the most competitive rates for BOTOX® in the New York City area.
In general, we offer BOTOX® for just $9.99 per unit (in 20 unit blocks). This amount can even be less depending on if there are promotions running, if you are a first time patient, if you are buying it as part of a service bundle (like James Christian's Cocktail), you are buying a long term treatment plan (1 year or more) or your are buying a large number of units at one time.
This is why we highly recommend that you come in for a consultation where we can custom create a treatment plan for you at the best possible price.
BOTOX® VS Cosmetic Surgery?
There are a lot of factors to keep in mind when considering BOTOX® or cosmetic surgery in NYC. We've written out a few of the biggest comparison points here that you can consider. Of course this is not an all-inclusive comparison and you should still do your own research but this should at least give you a good starting point.
- Lower Cost - Treatments can cost a little as a couple hundred dollars. Even though the cost of regular treatments may add up over time, many find it easier to budget for rather than a single large upfront cost.
- Temporary Results - Results are temporary which allows you the ability to test different treatments over time to find what works best.
- Minor Side Effects And Little Risk - Typical side effects are minor such as headaches, mild nausea, mild pain at the site of the injection...etc. (contact us for all possible side effects). More severe allergic reactions can happen but are rare.
- Virtually No Recovery Time - Most can continue with their day immediately after treatment. Pain/swelling/redness usually subsides within hours to a couple days after treatment.
- Practically Instant Results - Results from injections can be seen almost immediately and improve over the next few days as swelling and redness goes away.
- Higher Cost - Surgeries such as facelifts, eye lifts, rhinoplasty...etc. cost thousands of dollars. Many people can require financing to pay for treatment.
- Results Are Permanent - This is a double edged sword. If your results are good it's nice that they will last permanently. But if your results are not good you're pretty much stuck with them (unless you want to pay for another surgery).
- Higher Risk Of Complications Or Infection - Depending on the surgery your are getting you may need to be put under general anesthesia which comes with additional risks. Additionally with any cuts that are done there is inherent risk of infection.
- Longer Recovery Time - Depending on the procedure you get done you may need a few weeks or more to fully recover.
- Results Are Slow - It can take weeks or months for full effect of your procedure to be seen.