BOTOX New York City
Life in New York City moves pretty fast. And as such you often don't realize just how fast time can be passing by. Then one day you look in the mirror and start seeing lines and wrinkles where there were none before.
It can be alarming but worry not as there is a treatment that can help give you a more youthful appearance, it's called Botox® and it's got a lot of advantages:
- It's fast (you can get it done on your lunch break).
- It's affordable.
- There's no down time.
- The results are nearly instant and can last up to several months!
Of course, Botox® is only one of the many options we can provide you with depending on what your particular goals happen to be. When you come in for a free consultation we can sit down with you and craft a custom treatment plan that can address each area you would like to see improvement in. We pride ourselves on taking whatever time is needed to ensure that all our patients questions are answered fully and a custom treatment plan has been crafted to meet their needs within their specific budget.
What Is BOTOX® and How Does It Work?
BOTOX® is a neurotoxic protein which is produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. Clostridium botulinum is an organism found in the natural environment where it is largely inactive and non-toxic. Clostridium botulinum, the organism from which Botox is derived, is found in inactive form in the natural environment, including in the forest and cultivated soils, and in the sediment of lakes, streams, coastal and untreated waters.
BOTOX® Cosmetic is a neuro-toxin treatment that must be directly injected with a needle into:
- muscles to improve the look of moderate-to-severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- the area around the side of the eyes to improve the look of moderate to severe crow’s feet lines
Watch the video below for details on how BOTOX® works.
What Areas Does BOTOX® Treat?
BOTOX® Cosmetic can be used to treat:
- "Crows" Feet - Fine lines and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Smile or Laugh Lines - the areas to the sides of the mouth (perioral muscles) which are generally visible when smiling or laughing.
- Forehead Wrinkles - Specifically when the eyebrows are raised Botox can prevent the deep horizontal creases from appearing on the forehead.
- The "elevens" - These are the vertical lines between the eyes that appear when the eyebrows are furrowed or the nose is scrunched up.
BOTOX® has also been approved for treatment of:
- Excessive Sweating - Also known as Focal Hyperhidrosis
- Eye Spasms and Twitching - Also known as Blepharospasm
- Crossed Eyes - Also known as Strabismus (improper alignment of the eyes)
- Chronic Migraines
- Various Muscular Conditions
- Bladder Weakness
- Bowel Disorders
James Christian, RPA-C
(New York City's Injectable Expert)
James Christian Sardelli is a Registered Physician Assistant - Certified (RPA-C). He is also the owner and founder of James Christian Cosmetics, New York City's high-end BOTOX® and Facial Filler clinics located all across New York City and Long Island.
James has over 10 years experience in the industry where his skill and artistry in aesthetics are renowned. He performs many BOTOX® and dermal filler procedures each week and has a following of patients that only trust him to performing their injectable services.
During your consultation James can help you decide which treatments will best meet your need. He is skilled at performing many skin treatments such as BOTOX®, Vampire Facelift®, MesoGlow, dermal fillers, lip plumping, wrinkle treatments, Dermapen® microneedling, and liquid facelift. - View Full Bio
What Happens After The Treatment?
Typically immediately following the injections, the injection site may become slightly red and tender and slightly red. This is a normal reaction that the body has to both the needle and the BOTOX® solution. These reactions usually subside within a few hours to a day after the treatment.
More serious side effects can happen but are extremely rare. These reactions can include severe allergic reactions, skin rashes, dizziness or trouble breathing. We will provide you with all the information regarding this prior to your treatment.
The results are typically at their best shortly following treatment (a few days or so). Over time the results become less noticeable as your body gradually removes the neuro-toxin from the muscle tissues over time returning complete movement to the treated muscles.
BOTOX® is designed to be re-injected about every 3 to 4 months. Once you begin treatment our office automatically reminds you when it is time or your next treatment.
What Does BOTOX® Cost?
BOTOX® is sold per unit and the prices vary depending on factors such as where you are buying it, the amount you are buying, the areas being treated and whether or not there are promos or specials going on.
Typically most places charge about $15/unit as standard pricing. However, At James Christian Cosmetics we are proud to offer some of the most competitive rates for BOTOX® in the New York City area.
In general, we offer BOTOX® for just $9.99 per unit (in 20 unit blocks). This amount can even be less depending on if there are promotions running, if you are a first time patient, if you are buying it as part of a service bundle (like James Christian's Cocktail), you are buying a long term treatment plan (1 year or more) or your are buying a large number of units at one time.
This is why we highly recommend that you come in for a consultation where we can custom create a treatment plan for you at the best possible price.
BOTOX® VS Cosmetic Surgery?
There are a lot of factors to keep in mind when considering BOTOX® or cosmetic surgery in NYC. We've written out a few of the biggest comparison points here that you can consider. Of course this is not an all-inclusive comparison and you should still do your own research but this should at least give you a good starting point.
- Lower Cost - Treatments can cost a little as a couple hundred dollars. Even though the cost of regular treatments may add up over time, many find it easier to budget for rather than a single large upfront cost.
- Temporary Results - Results are temporary which allows you the ability to test different treatments over time to find what works best.
- Minor Side Effects And Little Risk - Typical side effects are minor such as headaches, mild nausea, mild pain at the site of the injection...etc. (contact us for all possible side effects). More severe allergic reactions can happen but are rare.
- Virtually No Recovery Time - Most can continue with their day immediately after treatment. Pain/swelling/redness usually subsides within hours to a couple days after treatment.
- Practically Instant Results - Results from injections can be seen almost immediately and improve over the next few days as swelling and redness goes away.
- Higher Cost - Surgeries such as facelifts, eye lifts, rhinoplasty...etc. cost thousands of dollars. Many people can require financing to pay for treatment.
- Results Are Permanent - This is a double edged sword. If your results are good it's nice that they will last permanently. But if your results are not good you're pretty much stuck with them (unless you want to pay for another surgery).
- Higher Risk Of Complications Or Infection - Depending on the surgery your are getting you may need to be put under general anesthesia which comes with additional risks. Additionally with any cuts that are done there is inherent risk of infection.
- Longer Recovery Time - Depending on the procedure you get done you may need a few weeks or more to fully recover.
- Results Are Slow - It can take weeks or months for full effect of your procedure to be seen.