June 21, 2022
Image Credit: ©asiandelight- Deposit Photos
Say Goodbye to Dull Skin
Does your skin look dull and lifeless? Dewy and radiant skin never goes out of style. But maintaining radiance is not that easy.
First, you need to recognize the reasons behind your dull complexion and then look at how to prevent it. This article will help you know where you are doing something wrong and some simple tips and tricks to get back the glow.
Causes of Dull Skin
- Dehydration- If you don't drink enough water, it will significantly affect your skin. Drinking at least eight glasses of water is necessary to keep your skin healthy.
- Lack of Moisturizer- People with oily or combination skin types usually skip the moisturizer. It is not a wise act. Every skin type needs a moisturizer to maintain its glow.
- Accumulation of Dead Skin Cells- Our skin is in a constant state of regeneration, and it replaces the old and worn-out cells with new and healthy cells. Sometimes natural shedding of cells stops. It results in a lifeless complexion.
- Dryness- Skin Dryness makes your skin look dull and rough. It happens, especially in the winter season. Dry air strips away the natural moisture from the epidermis and induces flaking.
- Smoking- Smoking is injurious to health. It decreases the production of collagen and breaks elastin fibers. It results in wrinkles, fine lines, and a dull complexion.
- Aging Process- You cannot control the natural aging process. If you don't go along with the proper skincare routine, it can cause dullness.
Ways to Prevent Dull Skin
Pick a Right Facial Cleanser
Pick a gentle pH balancing cleanser. The natural pH value of our skin is a little acidic. People usually prefer foaming cleansers, but do you know that they disturb the natural pH value of their skin and make it basic. So don't use a foaming cleanser without the recommendation of a dermatologist. Cream cleansers are suitable for people with dry skin. Gel-based cleansers are good for combination and oily skin.
Moisturizing is necessary for all skin types. However, skipping on a moisturizer can leave your skin looking dull and dehydrated. Hyaluronic acid and aloe vera are the best moisturizing ingredients. They increase the absorption capacity of your skin. Apply a hydrating serum, lotion, or cream in the morning and night to make your skin look plump and radiant.
Exfoliation is vital for a glowing complexion. However, when dead cells accumulate on your skin surface, it causes your skin to look flaky, wrinkled, dry, and dull.
Exfoliation twice a week helps to remove dead skin cells and prevent them from clogging pores. As a result, it exposes a fresh layer of skin and fades the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, exfoliation increases cell turnover and enhances collagen production.
Facial Serums are rich in hydrating ingredients that brighten your skin complexion and lessen the signs of pre-mature aging. They absorb quickly into the skin. The ingredients you should be looking for in facial serum are vitamin C, niacinamide, and ferulic acid. All three ingredients are powerful antioxidants. They treat dark spots and hyperpigmentation and reveal a healthy complexion.
Sun rays greatly damage your skin. They cause hyperpigmentation, dark spots, wrinkles, and fine lines. Therefore, applying sunscreen daily is vital to protect your skin. Use sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 to block the sun's ultraviolet radiation.
It is good to give a weekly treatment to your dull skin. There are various kinds of facial masks available in the market. A charcoal mask helps to remove impurities from the depth and clears the complexion. Sheet masks are the most hydrating type of facial mask. They are concentrated in serum that targets specific skin concerns and leaves your skin radiant and young.
Don't Sleep with Your Makeup On
Don't forget to remove makeup before you go to bed. Makeup residues clog pores and don't let your skin breathe. In addition, your skin undergoes a regeneration phase at night, and makeup hinders the process, and ultimately you will have a dull complexion. Use an oil-based cleanser to remove makeup and a gentle facial wash to remove all the impurities and environmental pollutants.
An argument, a work deadline, and a bad mood make you look tired. When you take stress, cortisol level rises in your body and makes your blood flow to your vital organs instead of your skin. Poor circulation of blood in your skin results in a dull complexion. Try to relax and use a facial massager to improve blood circulation.