Plump and fuller lips always give a wow factor and have become the hottest trend these days. However, anyone not blessed enough to have naturally fuller lips can achieve a pouty look with lip injections, fat injections, lip fillers, or lip augmentation. The most popular options are surgical lip augmentation and lip fillers. Knowing the difference between the two can help you figure out the proper treatment for you.
What is Surgical Lip Augmentation?
Surgical Lip augmentation is a broader term involving different surgical solutions for patients wanting to add volume to their lips.
- Lip Implants- are a permanent option in which the doctor determines the size of the lip implant first. Then, he sterilizes the treatment area and anesthetizes the lips. Once your lips are numb, an incision is made on each corner of the mouth to insert the perma lip implant. Next, a tunnel in the lip is created utilizing a tool called a curved alligator clamp. This tunnel follows the shape of the lips, and when it reaches the end, the clamp opens. The implant is then carefully placed underneath the lip fat and above the lip muscles. When implants are placed, the incisions are closed with sutures. The procedure takes almost 30 minutes. The client can go back home the same day. The cost of a lip implant ranges from $2000-$4000.
- Fat Grafting- involves the use of your own tissue for lip augmentation. It is also known as autologous lip augmentation. Fat Grafting is an in-office procedure in which fat is usually harvested from your abdomen, purified, and then transferred to your lips. This procedure takes 60-90 minutes, and the patient can go home on the day of treatment. The cost of fat Grafting ranges from $3000-$6000.
- Tissues Grafting- It is another form of autologous lip augmentation in which a piece of the dermis is removed from the lower stomach area or a C-section scar. Then the epidermis is removed, and the dermis is rolled into a cigar-like shape. Next, it is inserted into your lips. It is performed in the office with local anesthesia. The process takes 60-90 minutes, and the patient can return home on the day of treatment. The cost of tissue grafting ranges from $3000-$6000.
Is Surgical Lip Augmentation Safe?
Surgical lip augmentation is generally safe, but there are risks of bleeding, infection, and unsatisfactory results. Secondly, the procedure can only be performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon. Finally, it can ruin your whole appearance permanently if not done correctly. Therefore, surgical lip augmentation comes with more risks than lip fillers and may not be the best fit for every patient.
What are Lip Fillers?
Lip fillers are simple, easy, safe, and effective for anyone who wants to plump up their lips. An injectable expert carefully injects them into several points of lips. He then massages the treatment area gently to provide smooth plumpness and a dramatic boost. The fillers are also injected into the corners of the mouth to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Following are the fillers that are used to enhance lips.
- Juvederm- is a hyaluronic acid-based filler that has a gel-like consistency. It retains water which helps the lips appear fuller and supple. In addition, Juvederm helps reshape the contours of lips, defines the cupid’s bow, and corrects asymmetry of lips.
- Restylane- is similar to juvederm. It restores volume, moisture, and elasticity. It is specially designed to rejuvenate the area around the mouth, smooth away the fine lines, and plump up the lips.
Are Lip Fillers Safe?
Lip fillers are safe, and they do not have any potential side effects. However, mild bruising, redness, and swelling after the injections are common. These after-effects resolve within 1-2 days. The results of lip fillers last for 6-9 months, and they are much more economical than surgical lip augmentation. The average cost of lip fillers ranges from $500-$800.
Book Your Consultation at James Christian Cosmetics
Achieving fuller, hotter, and gorgeous lips can be achieved through surgical lip augmentation or lip fillers. The decision to choose the treatment that is best for you depends on your comfort levels and goals.
Lip fillers provide immediate results with a short recovery time and no side effects. In addition, they are a less expensive option. You can book a free consultation at James Christian Cosmetics to learn more about lip fillers. We have a team of specialists having years of experience performing injectable services. We can help you decide the best for you.