JCC Writing Team
October 19, 2021
JCC Writing Team
Image Credit: ©Anna_Om - Deposit Photos
BTT – How to Do Perfect Smokey Eye Style Makeup
Smokey eye makeup is a forever classic. It makes your eyes stand out. The beautiful art of blending and contouring lighter colors with darker shades of black or brown. It goes with a casual look, business meetings, birthday parties, or even wedding ceremonies. Mastering the smokey eye style makeup looks tricky but following the right techniques can help you to achieve this look. Keep scrolling to follow the easy steps.
- Prime Your Eyelids – Many people underestimate the value of eyeshadow primer. It is necessary for long-lasting and flawless eye makeup. You can use a full coverage concealer instead of an eye shadow primer. It will brighten, conceals, blurs, and color corrects the eye area.
- Apply Black Eye Pencil or Kajal – Take a black pencil or kajal and apply it along your upper or lower lash line. Blend it out to get a smokey look. Fill the sparse sections of your eyelashes with a kajal pencil to increase the volume and intensify the look.
- Choose Your All-over Lighter Shade – Choose a medium-tone shade of brown, grey, blue, or green. Use a flat eyeshadow brush to apply it to your eyelid. Intensify its color in the center of the eyelid and dab it lightly to your lower lash line.
- Choose Your Darker Shade – Choose a shade that is two-tone darker than your all-over lighter shade. Apply it to your crease and blend it to the outer corner of your eye. Keep blending it with a lighter shade till it forms a smooth transition between colors.
- Highlights – To enhance your smokey eye look, add some sparkle to your eyelid. Choose a light shimmery shadow for the inner corner and rusty gold sparkle in the center. The highlighter helps to smooth out the look.
- Apply Eyeliner – Apply liquid or gel eyeliner to beautify the smokey eye look. Create a bold black line that you can smudge with a smudging brush. If you like a softer look, use a pencil liner. Black eyeliner gives a perfect smokey style and other colors like brown produce a natural look.
- Give A Boost to Your Eyebrows – Use an eyebrow pencil, powder, or pomade to fill gaps in your brows. Pay special attention to the highest point of your arch. The perfectly shaped brows highlight your eyes and make them look neat and clean.
- Do the Rest of Your Makeup – Avoid applying too much bronzer and blush with a smokey eye look. Pale pink, medium shades of plum, and nude-colored lipsticks look amazing with the smokey eye makeup look. Matte lighter shades of red can also work with the dramatic look if done properly. Apply mascara to your lashes as a final step to complete your makeup look.
- Good blending is so important for creating smokey eye makeup look. If you are not good at this, you will probably look homeless with black eyes. Purchase a supreme quality fluffy brush for blending and move it in a small circular motion towards the inner side of your eyelid.
- To create a perfect angle for your smokey eye makeup look, take a piece of tape and angle it so the edge mimics the line you want to create.