Throughout history, a strong, balanced profile has been prized in both genders. Today, we still value the same profile from centuries ago. We perceive a person with a stronger chin as stronger, smarter, and more of a go-getting type of person. However, our chins come in all shapes and sizes, many men and women have poorly-defined chins that do not project properly or what is commonly referred to as “weak” chin (recessed chin).
Chin position is a very important part of the face because it can make your nose look either large or small. It can make your lips look either large or small, and it can make your neck look like a turkey’s. A well-defined chin creates a nice balance between your nose, neck, and cheeks. In contrast, a recessed chin may not provide enough structure to create a visual distinction between the face and neck.
The chin is key to an attractive face. Ironically, the ideal chin doesn’t attract any attention to itself at all. Its role in the attractiveness of your face is to bring balance to your features and profile
Chin Defining Filler
Minimally invasive injectable treatments have now become widely available, injectable implants based on calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA), offers a good safety record combined with durable effects and product viscosity, plasticity and elasticity for tissue expanding capacity.
CaHA has gained usage for the correction of profile deformities, and in some cases replacing the surgical interventions performed by plastic surgeons. A good indication now for CaHA is chin contouring.
In the chin area, a minor augmentation (5-6mm) can change the entire shape of the face. It is important to know that this correction is achievable and is stable even with changes in body weight.
The mentalis muscle that lies over the chin can often be responsible for the upward and inward movement of the chin. This causes retraction of the chin, resulting in a dimpled, pebbly, or orange peel (peau d’orange) effect, and over time, the formation of a horizontal chin crease.
Botox injections can be injected into the mentalis muscle to help relax and project the chin. These injections can treat deep creases, dimples and wrinkles on your chin, as well as double chin caused by loose skin or sagging muscles. If you are prone to having deep wrinkles based on your family history then Botox should be considered for preventative treatment.
Botox is commonly used in combination with filler for excellent chin enhancement results.
Benefits of Nonsurgical Chin Enhancement Procedures
- Instant results. You see immediate improvements on your facial profile – visible increased volume and projection
- Quick— you can have an appointment completed in your lunch hour.
- Minimal to no risks compared to surgery – no anesthesia (just a topical anesthetic), lower risk of infection and scarring (a very minimal incision from the injection), no shifting of the implant (requiring a follow-up surgery)
- Little to no downtime. You may immediately return to your normal activities
- Low risk of infection and side effects. While there can be some redness, swelling, or bruising at injection sites, it is mild and resolves naturally within a few days
- Cost-effective, lower up-front cost compared to chin implants.
- The outcome can be reversed for hyaluronic (HA) fillers if you are inclined to do so, although clients tend to be thrilled with their results.
- Lasts long. Injectable chin enhancements can last up to two years before retreatment is needed to maintain results.
James Christian Cosmetics Injectable Experts
The one tricky thing with the chin is that there are two big nerves that come out of the chin, and the injector you are looking for should have extensive knowledge of the facial anatomy, including the origin and insertion of each muscle. Your professional injector should also have a complete understanding of the physiology of the nerves, veins and arteries of the face, to make sure injection points steer clear of these facial elements. If not, it could cost significant damage, causing the patient to be numb from the lower teeth.
Selecting a provider for your injectable treatment is a crucial part of its success, it is best that you give your decision utmost care and scrutiny. Our licensed injectors have years of actual experience as well as proven results from previous clients. Schedule an appointment with our trusted professional injectors by texting or calling our 24 Hour Cosmetic Concierge at 917-860-3113 for our New York offices and 305-849-0307 for our newly opened Miami office.